The company was established in Piraeus in 1956 by Nico Bogdanos as the first and only technical office in Greece, consisting of marine consultants, surveyors, valuers, appraisers and arbitrators.
Its core business was to conduct surveys on behalf of underwriters and classification societies, thus being the main appointed surveyors for London Salvage, US Salvage, Bureau Veritas, Rina, DNV, ABS, Miller, Bilbrough, etc. Please click here for a greater list.
As the firm’s reputation grew, it became known as the “school” for marine surveyors, and indeed many were later hired by Classification Societies when they established their own branch offices in Piraeus.
Having completed several years of field training, the Bogdanos Marine office became an expert on all types of surveys, in-depth understanding of ships and ship repair processes, handling of claims, and repair costs. Combined with the vast knowledge of the Hellenic shipping market, the company was a perfect candidate for successfully representing various prestigious ship repair yards, as well as marine and industrial systems worldwide.