GLASS REINFORCED EPOXY PIPING SYSTEMS
NOV (National Oilwell Varco) is the market leader in the manufacture and supply of Glassfiber Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) piping – known under the trade name BONDSTRAND®, which Bogdanos Marine exclusively represents in Greece and Cyprus for over 30 years.
Glassfiber Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) piping represents the supreme alternative to steel, principally for the ballast system, inclusive of expansion couplings, branch lines and even bellmouths, for a totally corrosion-free service life.
More than 50% of newbuildings in the Far East are fitted with NOV piping making it the world market leader.
- Series 2000M (external pressure per IMO requirements / non-conductive),
- Series 7000M (external pressure per IMO requirements / conductive),
- Series 2400/3400 (no external pressure requirements / variable thickness per each diameter for different internal pressure requirements, either conductive or non-conductive)
- Hot/Forced Cured Epoxy systems, which are superior to Cold Cured Polyester systems offered by competitors (the latter being prone to in-service brittle cracking)
- Long service life – Highly resistant to both internal and external corrosion even in aggressive environments, without surface preparation or special coatings
- Essentially maintenance free. In the unlikely case of need, repair is fast & easy
- Lightweight – 1/4th to 1/8th the weight of steel pipe and easy to install or modify
- Most comprehensive selection of joining systems and fittings
Wide Range of Shipboard Applications (IACS Approved)
- Ballast System (Including Branch Lines, Expansion Couplings and Bellmouths)
- Seawater Cooling System in Engine Room
- Steam Condensate
- Sounding / Vent Pipes
- Drainage / Sanitary Service / Sewage
- Electrical conduit
- Ballast water management (portable overflow piping on deck)
- Anti-Piracy Systems
Total installed cost equals traditional steel piping
Manufacturing plants in Singapore, Malaysia and the USA
Worldwide after sales network and distribution